Mixed (Social-Science Based) Methods Technologist (Permanent) - (Ref: 136)
The Department of Agri-food Business and Spatial Analysis in Teagasc undertakes social and behavioural science based research to support innovation across the supply chain.
It has a particular emphasis on understanding values, attitudes and behaviours of farmers, consumers and citizens.
The aim of such research is identify innovation opportunities, inform policy initiatives and support the design of effective knowledge exchange practices.
The multi-actor approach and participatory research methods are key concepts in such work.
This technologist will understand both qualitative and quantitative research methods applied to social and behavioural science.
Their role will be to support high quality, advanced and ethically sound research design, data collection and data analysis.
• To work with PIs within the Department to support overall research design and design of data collection instruments, to collect data, and to analyse primary and secondary data using qualitative and quantitative research methods.
• To manage the commissioning of data collection from external agencies.
• To support the training of Post Docs and PhDs associated with the Department in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
• Candidates must have a QQI Level 8 degree in behavioural or social science, e.g. psychology, sociology, economics, geography or a relevant degree with a strong behavioural/social science element, e.g. food marketing, food business.
• 3 years post qualification experience in social-science based research approaches.
• Post-graduate training in relevant discipline.
• Experience in a research/project focused environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 10th June, 2020 @12.00noon.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants.
Canvassing will disqualify.