Job title: Full-time Tenured Faculty of Humanities (Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor)
Areas of specialization: Humanities
Courses in the humanities offered by the Center for Global Education (CGE) for the International Liberal Education concentration of the inter-faculty General and Liberal Education Program (including Introduction to the Humanities from a Global Perspective, and other humanities-related courses as well as Global Project-Based Learning (PBL)h courses and overseas satellite courses.
All classes will be taught in English (EMI) for both Japanese and international undergraduates.
2) Program development and coordination
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake designing and developing the program at the CGE, including courses in the humanities and interdisciplinary fields, and to be engaged in administrative work including the coordination and management of part-time instructors.
3) Additional duties
Administrative work as judged necessary by the University and the Organization for the Promotion of Global Cooperation.
For more details on the center, please see the website below.
1. Ph.D. holder, or the equivalent in research achievement.
2. Preferably three or more years teaching experience at the university level, or equivalent
3. Native or near-native English proficiency as well as Japanese proficiency sufficient for administrative duties at Doshisha University (all nationalities welcome).
4. Deep knowledge and global perspective of one of the fields in the humanities.
5. You will need to carry out administrative duties related to international exchange and international coopreration, including management of the Center for Global Education and contributions to university-wide academic collaborations between domestic and international students.
6. Residing or prepared to reside in the Kinki region (Kyoto, Osaka, Shiga, Nara, Hyogo, Wakayama, or Mie Prefectures).
Starting date: April 1, 2021
Work location: Doshisha University, Imadegawa and Kyotanabe Campuses, Kyoto
Salary: In accordance with the Doshisha remuneration plan
Application deadline: Application materials must arrive by 5 pm Friday, July 17, 2020. (Japan Time)
For more details, please visit our website: https://www.doshisha.ac.jp/en/doshisha/recruit/cge.html