Jobs - EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellowships 2020
Job number - ACAD104445
Division/School - Academic Faculties
Contract type - Fixed term contract staff
Working pattern - Full time
Salary - £33,797 p.a. and a grant of £10,000 for project costs
Closing date for applications - 24th April 2020
Are you a recently-graduated or soon-to-graduate PhD student? Have you received EPSRC funding for all or part of your PhD support? Are you enthusiastic to take the first steps to an independent research career?
The University of Bristol invites applications from outstanding PhD researchers for the University of Bristol EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellowships, which are available to both internal and external candidates.
Applicants must have submitted their PhD thesis by the application deadline, and must have been a recipient of EPSRC PhD studentship support (a stipend and/or fee award) during their PhD.
The EPSRC Doctoral Prize is a prestigious scheme for the very best EPSRC-funded PhD graduates, offering an exciting and supportive environment to launch a research career at the University of Bristol.
University of Bristol Doctoral Prize Research Fellows will propose their own bespoke programme to conduct innovative, ground-breaking research at the frontiers of Science and Engineering.
Additional benefits of this opportunity include:
- Work within world-class research groups at the University of Bristol
- Accelerate a successful career in independent research
- Develop research leadership potential
- Create a platform for a permanent academic post or a further prestigious externally-funded fellowship.
Please see the attached documents to find out more.
Applications are invited across the full range of topics in Engineering and Science defined by the remit of the EPSRC.
This can be found at: https://www.epsrc.ac.uk/research/ourportfolio/themes/.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates must apply online. Please complete and attach the following documents:
- University of Bristol EPSRC Doctoral Prize Application Form (Includes a Project proposal)
- Your up-to-date CV (the CV should be appended to your Application Form to constitute one document)
- A completed and signed “Letter of Support from Head of School” Form. Please coordinate with your Project Sponsor
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Friday 24th April 2020.
For general enquiries about the Bristol Doctoral Prize scheme, please contact the Bristol Doctoral College: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.
Click Here to Apply