In the physiotherapy sector of the Geneva School of Health Sciences, HES-SO Geneva is opening
the following position:
Associate Professor (80% position)
As part of its bachelor, master, post-graduate and further education courses in physiotherapy,
HEdS is looking for a professor specialized in one of the following fields: cardio-vascular and
respiratory physiotherapy, chronic diseases, adapted physical activities. The mission will be to
develop applied research in his/her field of expertise (with a strong link to clinical activities) and to transfer the knowledge thus acquired into teaching and share it with the academic world.
- Designing, delivering, teaching and evaluating courses in physiotherapy in the bachelor
programme and further education,
- Performing applied research, with third-party funds, as a principal applicant (with strong links to clinical activities and to the field),
- Writing scientific and professional articles in peer-reviewed national and international journals,
- Developing national and international collaborations,
- Developing and carrying out service delivery missions,
- Directing bachelor and Masterís theses, and supporting PhD students if the needs arise,
- Active participation in the ongoing development of teaching at the School.
- PhD in physiotherapy or equivalent,
- 5 years of clinical experience in physiotherapy,
- Research experience in cardio-vascular and respiratory physiotherapy, chronic diseases and/or
adapted physical activities,
- A track record in project management and in acquiring funding from third parties for research
projects and expertise mandates,
- Competencies in qualitative research, an advantage,
- Scientific and professional publications in the field of expertise,
- Ability to integrate into collective projects within a team, as well as in a changing environment,
- Knowledge in innovative technologies will be considered as an advantage,
- Sense of leadership, teamwork,
- Knowledge of languages: fluent in French and scientific English, both spoken and written,
German is an asset,
- Experience in teaching is an advantage,
- Proven knowledge and skills in quantitative research methodologies (with qualitative
methodologies, an advantage),
- Proficiency with various statistical methods and softwares (SPSS, R and/or Matlab, MAXQDA,
STATA or NVivo).
HES-SO/HEdS Genevaís a recruitment policy ensures equal opportunities and diversity.
Application deadline: 31 March 2020 Starting date: 1 September 2020 or to be discussed
Depending on the applicantís profile, a proposition for the rank of full professor or assistant
professor may be considered.
Please send your complete file (covering letter, curriculum vitae with academic titles and work
experience certificates, copies of major and recent publications or reports only by e-mail to Ms Marie-Laure Kaiser, Director, HEdS, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the following reference in your application: PA_Physio
For further information (specifications, salary conditions), please contact the HEdS human
resources office: by email email@example.com or by phone +41 22 388 56 35.