Job Title: Research Technician - Environment and Livestock Systems (Permanent) (Ref: 87)
The appointee will assist fieldwork associated with the research programme at Johnstown Castle Environmental Research Centre, including support of research and monitoring on the livestock farms at Johnstown Castle.
• Technical support for delivery of livestock research projects at Johnstown Castle.
• To provide technical support to the Environment, Soils and Land-Use Department, Johnstown Castle.
• Experimental sampling of environmental and agricultural research, and recording and management of data.
• Engage in the preparation of Open Days, Farm Walks, Public Events and demonstration activities.
• Be available for emergency call-out and roster for weekdays and weekends.
• Farm recording and administration of legislative compliance requirements.
• Supervision of staff as assigned.
• Candidates must have a Level 6 qualification in agricultural science, soil science, environmental science or a related discipline.
• A Level 7 or higher qualification in Environmental Science/Agricultural Science would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Tuesday 03rd March 2020 @ 12pm.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants.
Canvassing will disqualify.