Technician - (Temporary) (4 Posts) (Ref: 76)
• To provide technical, field and laboratory support to the Agricultural Catchments Programme staff and to implement the agreed protocols.
• Collect environmental, economic and production data required by the programme team.
• Maintenance of equipment and facilities in the catchments.
• Participation in the dissemination of information generated by the ACP.
• Maintain monitoring and recording equipment and facilities in good condition.
• Record data on ACP and Signpost farms as required. Data collection to include: chemical, physical, farm activity, financial, attitudinal and others as the need of the programme requires.
• Collect, process and analyse as appropriate samples of soil, water, plants and other materials as required.
• Maintain excellent records, input data into spreadsheets and databases and contribute to the compilation, analysis and presentation of data/results.
• Collaborating effectively with Teagasc colleagues and other relevant national and international research programmes.
• Candidates must have an a Level 6 qualification in agricultural or environmental science or related discipline.
• A Level 7 or 8 in agricultural science, environmental science or analytical chemistry would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 27th February 2020 @ 12pm.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.