Full job title: Research Officer - Soil Researcher (Temporary) (Ref: 75)
To contribute, as part of the Agricultural Catchments Programme (ACP) team, to the evaluation of the effectiveness of the measures contained in the Nitrates Action Programme under the Nitrates Directive.
• Producing policy-relevant peer-reviewed scientific papers using existing and new ACP data and disseminating the results to a wide audience.
• Investigate nutrient management practices that will improve efficiencies on farms for both production and environmental requirements.
• Improving understanding of the linkages between sources of nutrients and their availability for transport and loss to water and the atmosphere.
• Analysing the data produced to assess the effectiveness of the measures.
• Dissemination the results of the programme to a wide audience.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in agricultural science or a related discipline.
• PhD in agronomy, crop science, soil science, environmental science or other relevant discipline.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 27th February 2020 @ 12pm.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.