Job title: Research Officer - Biophysical Modeller (Temporary) (Ref: 74)
The Biophysical modeller will fulfill an important role in a dynamic and well-resourced team whose primary objective is the assessment of how agriculture can be sustainably intensified within the constraints of the Nitrates Directive, Water Framework Directive, National Climate Action Plan and National Emissions Ceiling Directive legislation.
• To select, develop and adapt, as necessary, agri-environmental models which best suit the requirements of the programme and the Irish agri-food industry.
• Produce high quality, policy relevant papers for publication in high impact peer reviewed scientific journals using existing and new ACP data.
• To address the scaling up of the ACP results to larger catchment, river basin district and national level including collaborative modelling initiatives with other modelling groups.
• Modelling N, P and C losses from derogation and non-derogation farms.
• To develop new statistical and modelling techniques using ACP data.
• Candidates must have a QQI Level 8 degree in hydrology/ environmental science/ agricultural science/ ecology (or equivalent).
• PhD in relevant discipline.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in environmental modeling, ideally in the agri-environmental sector, would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience working at the soil, water, plant and atmosphere modeling interface.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 26th February 2020 @ 12pm.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants.
Canvassing will disqualify.