Job Title: Technologist - Gaseous Emissions (Temporary) (Ref: 73)
To contribute, as part of the Agricultural Catchments Programme (ACP) team, to the quantification of gaseous emissions and soil carbon sequestration as part of the national Climate Action Plan.
• Set up of eddie covariance systems for measuring greenhouse gas emissions.
• Establishing greenhouse gas and ammonia monitoring across the ACP catchments.
• Establish a data management system for all data collected for greenhouse gas and ammonia monitoring across the ACP catchments and other Teagasc programmes.
• Quantification of soil carbon stock changes over the duration of the ACP and establishment of a soil monitoring network.
• Contribute to troubleshooting to optimize existing protocols/develop new protocols.
• Carryout field sampling, operation and management of field and laboratory equipment.
• Carryout laboratory analyses of collected field samples with adherence to good laboratory practice and quality assurance.
• Collaborating effectively with Teagasc colleagues and other relevant national and international research programmes.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in soil science, environmental science, atmospheric physics, agricultural science or a related discipline.
• Postgraduate degree in agronomy, crop science, soil science, environmental science or other relevant discipline.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Monday 2nd March 2020 @ 12pm.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.