Farm Operative - Pig Levy Project (Temporary) (Ref: 25)
The Teagasc Pig Development Department carries out research in such areas as pig nutrition, management, health and welfare, pig meat quality and food safety, environmental management and economics.
Teagasc wish to recruit a highly motivated Farm Operative to work as part of a team in the delivery of a highly innovative pig research programme.
• Operating all aspects of pig rearing including breeding (gestation and farrowing), weaner and finishing stages.
• Gestation and farrowing management - e.g. pregnancy scanning, AI and farrowing house duties as and when required.
• Weaning and finishing management - e.g. movement of animals, regular weighing.
• General health and welfare management: Identifying and treating basic animal health and welfare problems e.g. lameness, mastitis, meningitis.
• Farm recording and compliance with DAFM, Bord Bia, HPRA requirements.
• To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• To actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
Candidates must have a Level 5 in Farm Administration or a related discipline.
• Some experience in working in a pig enterprise would be a distinct advantage.
• Level 6 qualification in pig farm management (component award) or equivalent discipline.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Monday 06th January 2020 @ 12pm. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.