Full job title:
Technician - Pig Levy Project (Temporary) (Ref: 24)
The Teagasc Pig Development Department carries out research in such areas as pig nutrition, management, health and welfare, pig meat quality and food safety, environmental management and economics.
Teagasc now wish to recruit a highly motivated Farm Grade Technician to work as part of a team in the delivery of a highly innovative pig research programme.
The appointee will work with animal scientists in the PDD.
• Pig production - Operating all aspects of the breeding, weaner and finisher stages for pig production.
• Supervision and management of assigned farm staff, as designated by the Farm Manager.
• In conjunction with the Farm Manager plan and coordinate unit work.
• Data management and preparation of reports as required using excel or other softwares.
• Animal health and welfare management - e.g. identification and treatment of sick animals, regular vaccinations, .
• Farm recording and compliance with DAFM, Bord Bia, HPRA requirements.
• Supervise and train staff and students in the performance of research functions and evaluate their proficiency and performance in carrying out various research procedures.
• Health & Safety Co-ordinator Duties or such other Health & Safety Duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
Candidates must have a Level 6 in agriculture in order to apply for this position.
A Level 7 qualification in agriculture or related discipline would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Monday 06th January 2020 @ 12pm.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.