Technical Services Manager (Permanent) (Ref: 46)
With organisation wide responsibilities, the successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery and strategic development of Teagasc’s ICT technical services.
The successful applicant will have strong technical ability, management and team leading abilities, including the ability to manage staff remotely, a customer focus with excellent customer and vendor relationship management abilities and the capacity to manage the delivery of services to agreed, measured and reported standards.
• Manage and lead the Teagasc ICT Technical Services function, delivered using a combination of outsourced managed services and an in-house team of two technical staff who are based in Ashtown in Dublin, and one telephony clerical administrator based in Carlow.
• Lead and own responsibility for the design and strategic development of Teagasc’s ICT technical architecture, including servers and communications networks, the associated software, back office services, management platforms, standards, and processes.
• Manage the acquisition, delivery and performance of Teagasc’s outsourced technical services and manage the relationships between the ICT Department and its service providers and vendors, in accordance with Teagasc and public sector procurement policies and procedures in order to maximise vendor performance and deliver best value for money to Teagasc.
• Formulate ICT policies, procedures and performance management processes to drive, measure and improve technical services delivery based on ITIL.
• Manage and report on day to day technical services operations including administration, backup/continuity, patching/release management, security, capacity planning, availability, incident, problem, event, quality, service level and change management etc.
• Ensure that appropriate levels of documentation are developed and maintained in the ICT Quality Manual for the design, configuration and operation of Teagasc’s ICT technical services.
• Research emerging technologies, architectures, platforms, service models and products relating to technical services and feed innovations into strategy and planning.
• Level 8 Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification work experience.
• Full Irish Driving Licence.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Monday 6th January, 2020 @12 noon. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.