IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna, Austria.
Staff Scientists at IST Austria pursue research projects together with professors, serving as collaborators with expertise normally not present within research groups.
We are looking for a Nanofabrication Staff Scientist who is interested in the field of solid state quantum physics and technologies. The staff scientist will be associated with the Nanofabrication facility, which provides technical support for research groups on campus and he/she will take the responsibility for a 100 keV e-beam pattern generator (EBPG) system.
• Guarantee a continuous and cutting-edge operation of the EBPG system
• Dedicated participation in the development of new recipes
• Resource for in-house fabrication knowledge
• Training and knowledge transfer to new group members
• Development, fabrication and testing of new devices.
• PhD in physics or material science
• Excellent command of English
• Service‐oriented attitude
• Team player with outstanding communication skills
• Experience with an EBPG lithography system
In addition, the following skills will be advantageous:
• Experience in ICP-RIE etching, ALD, e-beam evaporation, SEM and optical lithography
• Experience with DC, RF or optical sample characterization
• Experience with low temperature techniques
• Post-graduate research experience in a demanding research environment
IST Austria offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization:
• Supports learning and development
• Promotes an international and open culture
• Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
• Values diversity and is committed to equality
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 65.000 gross/year. Actual salary depends on education, qualification and work experience. The initial contract period is five years, with the possibility of extension.
Please submit your application online at https://apply.app.ist.ac.at/.