Full Job Title: Contract Research Officer - Dry Powders (REF: CRO/DP/0619)
This scientist will have qualifications in Process Engineering, Food Technology, Food Science or related discipline.
The appointee will be the main researcher responsible for kinetics of spray drying, and will work strategically with Teagasc and University scientists as part of a state funded initiative in dairy processing in collaboration with industry.
The successful candidate will be experienced in spray drying of milk & dairy products and will have expertise in the kinetics of drying.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up mobile dehydration test rig for use in dairy plant.
• Carry out experimental programme of characterizing dehydration parameters of a range of dairy products including difficult-to-dry products, made in pilot-scale and commercial plants.
• Work closely with the project leaders, university and industry personnel.
• Manage and order equipment and consumables.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in Process Engineering, Food Technology, Food Science or a related discipline.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in drying kinetics would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Monday 1st July 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants.
Canvassing will disqualify.