Full Title: Teagasc Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 - Meat Products (Ref: PD1/NT/0619)
Basic Function of the post:
The PD Fellow will work on a project funded by DAFM.
NATRIOPT optimises processed meats through the reduction and or replacement of salt and fat using novel ingredients as replacers (e.g. edible seaweeds), while maintaining functionality, shelf-life, consumer sensory quality and commercial viability using state of the art methods.
Sensory, consumer and state of the art technological methods will be used.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
• Design and manage experiments and perform statistical analysis of experimental data.
• Produce optimised (bespoke) beef products with commercial viability.
• Reduce salt and fat in a clean label fashion, while maintaining functionality
and sensory performance with a particular focus on seaweeds as replacers.
• Produce products which overcome technological barriers to the reduction of the components concerned while ensuring food safety and quality and maintaining sensory characteristics and an adequate shelf-life.
• Assist with project management and ensure that milestones and deliverables are completed successfully and on time.
• PhD in Food Science.
• Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD.
• Experience in reformulation strategies.
• Experience in shelf life studies, consumer trials.
Further Information for Candidates:
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/.
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitae’s as an application for a position.
In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 26th June 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants.
Canvassing will disqualify.
The details contained above are subject to change without notice.