Full Job Title: Contract Database Technician – SMARTCOW Project (Ref: CT/SC/MP/0619) (Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid)
The person appointed to this position will have a key role in assisting researchers with the compilation of animal data within the animal and grassland research programme at Moorepark.
The successful candidate should be able to work both independently and as part of a team in a variety of capacities including experimental grassland and grazing management and recording measurements.
The appointed person will work on the European Funded SMARTCOW project (Horizon 2020 funded).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the execution of the SMARTCOW European funded project, to ensure that Teagasc responsibilities are carried out as specified in the respective work packages.
• Liaise with international partners in this project and ensure Teagasc responsibilities are carried out as agreed.
• Assemble and compile relevant data as required into existing Teagasc internal and external databases.
• Assemble, check and input all experimental data into suitable database such as PastureBase Ireland, Oracle and Lims for further data analysis.
• Lead and assist in the design of the sheep database and interface.
• Liaise with research and technical staff in the input of new and existing data into current databases.
• Assist with experimental research work as required.
• Candidates must have a Level 7 in computer science, data management or a related discipline.
• Research experience in Animal Science.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 25th June 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.