The HES-SO Geneva opens for the midwifery sector of Geneva School of Health Sciences, for a
position of an:
Associate Professor at 80%
The largest health school in French-speaking Switzerland and member of the University of Applied
Sciences of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), the Geneva School of Health Sciences is the only
school to bring together five of the seven health sectors: Nutrition and Dietetics, Physiotherapy, Midwifery, Nursing and technique in Medical Radiology. It trains highly qualified health professionals able to meet the demands of today and tomorrow's healthcare practice and also offers a wide range of continuing education.
In addition to training, HEdS-Geneva also pursues research and service assignments.
As part of its bachelor, master, post-graduate and continuing education courses in obstetrics,
HEdS is looking for an associate professor related to obstetrics et perinatality, whose mission will be to develop applied research in his/her field of expertise and to transfer the knowledge acquired in teaching and to the academic world.
- Performing applied research, with third-party funds, as principal applicant;
- Writing scientific and professional articles in peer-reviewed national and international journals;
- Developing and carrying out service delivery missions;
- Directing Bachelor and Masterís theses;
- Co-directing PhD theses;
- Developing national and international collaborations;
- Designing, delivering, teaching and evaluating courses in obstetrics in the bachelor program
and in continuing education;
- Active participation in the initial professional formationís evolution;
- Participating in the elaboration and evaluation of the new bachelorís curriculum;
- Bachelor of midwifery science and a masterís degree (or equivalent academic qualification)
- 5 years of clinical experience in obstetrics;
- Expertise in clinical research;
- Proven experience in acquiring, directing and valorising research or missionís mandates third
- Scientific and professional publications in the field of expertise;
- Certified or subsequently acquired didactic methods;
Ability to integrate into collective projects within a team, as well as in a changing environment
- Sense of leadership, teamwork and negotiation;
- Knowledge of languages: fluent in French and scientific English, both spoken and written,
German is an asset;
- Proven knowledge and skills in researchís methodologies;
- Mastery of diverse statistical analysis methods and software (SPSS, R and/or Matlab,
MAXQDA, STATA or NVivo);
- Knowledge in innovative technologies will be considered as an advantage;
The HES-SO/HEdS Geneva adopts a recruitment policy for equal opportunities and diversity.
Depending on the applicantís profile, a proposition of full professor or assistant professor can be considered.
Application deadline: 1st July, 2019
Starting date: 1st September, 2019 (or to be agreed)
Please send your complete file (covering letter, curriculum vitae with academic titles and work
experiences attestations, copies form major and recent publications or reports published in recent years) exclusively online to Ms Marie-Laure Kaiser, HEdS director, at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please indicate the following reference in the application: Prof_SF
For further information (specifications, salary conditions), please contact the HEdS human
resourceís office: by email email@example.com or by phone +41 22 388 56 35.