Full Title: Contract Technician (Ref: CT/LF/AT/0419) (Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid)
The successful candidate will join a research team at Teagasc Food Research Centre Ashtown to carry out work investigating the effect of various treatments on the quality and safety of sprouted seeds and wheatgrass juice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform microbiological and physiochemical analysis of horticultural products to address the objectives of the project.
• Collaborate with industry partners and Teagasc colleagues.
• Collate data and analyse results.
• Health & Safety Coordinator duties or such other Health & Safety duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• Actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations.
- This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Candidates must have a Level 6 qualification in microbiology, or a related discipline.
• A Level 7 qualification in food microbiology/food science would be a distinct advantage.
• Full driving licence.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 1st May 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.