Job Title and Reference: Dairy Technician - Cheese and other Fermented Dairy Products (Ref: DS/TN/MD/0219)
The appointee will work as part of a team in the Technical Services Laboratory and Cheese Laboratory based in the Food Chemistry and Technology Department located in Teagasc Food Research Centre, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork.
They will be required to analyze primarily milk, dairy and cheese samples generated from ongoing research projects along with samples received from industry clients.
They will be required to participate in the maintenance of our ISO17025 quality management system, as well as our safety management system.
They must be willing to maintain our high level of customer service. They will be responsible for managing and ordering consumables required by the laboratories.
The appointee will also be involved in the organization and undertaking of cheese manufacture trials at pilot scale and in analysis of cheeses during ripening, using a range of chemical and physical methodologies.
Further duties will include upkeep of the associated cheese analytical equipment and ensuring that the analytical methodologies are undertaken in accordance with laboratory Standard Operating Procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertake laboratory and pilot scale cheese and other fermented dairy product trials in response to internal research project and external client demands.
• Undertake broad ranging analytical techniques on samples generated internally and samples received from external clients.
• Ensure upkeep and maintenance of cheese analytical methodologies.
• Register samples upon reception into the laboratory.
• Perform required tests in an accurate manner.
• Comply with all standard operating procedures.
• Coordinate and perform a variety of independent and team activities involved in the collection, analysis, documentation and some interpretation of information/results.
• Compile data, prepare test reports and communicate with clients.
• Ensure relevant laboratory records are updated.
• Candidates must have a Level 6 qualification in Science or a related discipline.
• A Level 7 qualification in Food Science, Agri-Food Science, Food Science and Technology, etc. would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply:
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Monday 4th March 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants.