Contract Research Officer - qualitative field research (Ref: CRO/SWAB/AY/1218) (Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid)
To undertake qualitative field research and participatory research with a multi-actor transdisciplinary team. Working within a team, to identify policy implications from fieldwork/analysis is a crucial function of the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct/facilitate participatory research with a multi-actor, transdisciplinary team.
• Actively support a co-design process, generating practical interventions for animal health.
• Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• Actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in sociology, extension, veterinary science or a related discipline.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in extension/participatory methods would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Monday 7th January 2019. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.