The position involves setting up and running agronomic trials to test and demonstrate the efficacy of bio-based recycled fertilisers and conventional mineral fertilisers in terms of agronomic, soil and environmental parameters. Duties will include for example, but not limited to, responsibility for fertiliser weighing, plot set up, plant and soil sample collection, processing, analysis and collation, facilitating visitors and duties indicated by the manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complement activities of the research team.
• Setup agronomic field trials.
• Prepare bio-based and mineral fertilisers for spreading.
• Harvest plots.
• Process samples.
• Establish a database of collected information, collate data and prepare it for analysis.
• Perform electronic data entry of research samples for example using the Teagasc LIMS system and record results.
• Contribute to the teamwork and team-spirit in the agri-environmental research department at Johnstown
Castle and foster and add to further collaboration and integration.
• Health & Safety Co-ordinator Duties or such other Health & Safety Duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• Actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Candidates must have a Level 6 in soil science, agricultural science, environmental science or other relevant science degree or a related discipline.
• Full EU Driving Licence.
• Previous experience running agronomic field trials.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Monday 7th January 2019. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.