Contract Research Technician – Analytical Chemistry (3 Posts) - (Ref: RT/TS/JC/1218) (Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid)
The Research Technician will provide laboratory support for the analytical tasks on Terra Soil and will be primarily responsible for the chemical analysis of soil samples.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyse soil samples using extracting reagents.
• Perform spectroscopic analysis using ICP-OES and FTIR.
• Perform particle size analysis of soils.
• Collect and handle samples from GSI into Teagasc.
• Lead the administration, workflow, quality control and cataloguing of samples.
• Contribute to the management of samples, equipment and consumables.
• Contribute to troubleshooting to optimise existing protocols/develop new protocols.
• Ensure that equipment and facilities are operating at the highest level of efficiency.
• Undertake quality control of laboratory analyses and ensure good data management.
• Health & Safety Co-ordinator duties or such other Health & Safety duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Candidates must have a Level 6 qualification in analytical chemistry, chemistry, applied biology, environmental science or a related discipline.
• A Level 7 qualification in analytical chemistry would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 9th January 2019. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.