The successful candidate will join the sensory science group at Ashtown to undertake sensory-related activities of the research programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Use your knowledge and experience of sensory science to plan and execute ongoing and extensive sensory trials across a number of research and industry-led projects.
• Monitor panel performance data and provide relevant feedback to ensure a high standard of scientific integrity.
• Collect data, perform statistical analysis and interpret results from ongoing sensory research trials.
• Contribute to and collaborate with Sensory Food Network Ireland and similar European sensory networks when required.
• Become familiar with the application of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technologies in sensory science.
• Prepare and execute sensory descriptive panels when required.
• Collaborate with the sensory team in conducting large consumer trials.
• Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• Actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in sensory science, food science or a related discipline.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in food/sensory would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at https://www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Monday 22nd October 2018. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.