The Technologist will work with a team of scientists under the guidance of the Project Leader on the Culture to Product Platform of the APC. The Technologist will be responsible for bioinformatics outputs on the APC Culture to Product Platform but will also liaise with staff and students on other APC projects. The candidate will have experience in analysing high throughput DNA sequencing (primarily genomic) data and will be responsible for handling and storing bioinformatic data.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform statistical analysis and analysis and annotation of high throughput sequencing data (primarily bacterial genomic data).
• Assist and mentor others in the laboratory in the field of bioinformatics and advise on bio-informatic analysis tools.
• Work closely with the Teagasc Sequencing Centre, APC researchers, students and PIs.
• Interpret research findings and prepare scientific and popular press publications.
• Participate in APC Microbiome Ireland Education and Outreach activities.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Genetics or a related discipline.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in bioinformatics, genetics or molecular biology would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at https://www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Friday 19th October 2018. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.