We are looking for a 1.0 FTE permanent Associate Professor or Principal Teaching Fellow who is an Occupational Therapist. You will take on the role of Programme Manager (PM) for the first 3 years in post. You will need to be registered with HCPC and an RCOT member.
We have a strong national and international reputation as a centre of research and educational excellence. Strong collaborative partnerships are pivotal to our vision and our Associate Professors and Principal Teaching Fellows engage with external agencies influencing policy development and direction. We ensure the clinical relevance of all we do and staff undertake regular clinical engagement.
Programme Manager role - 40% FTE in the first 3 years – activities include:
• leading the OT educational strategy and provision, working with your team to ensure excellent teaching and learning, clinical education, student experience, recruitment, support and progression, and fitness to practice.
• line managing, appraising and developing staff in the OT team
• membership of the Faculty Senior Leadership group contributing to the development and delivery of Faculty strategy;
Education and Scholarship
APs and PTFs both undertake educational delivery, (%FTE contribution adjusted appropriately)
• contributing to programme design and delivery including module leadership, session delivery, and marking activities;
• clinical visiting and support;
• student support and progression
• quality monitoring and enhancement activities.
Research (Associate Professors only <40% FTE)
• contributing to and leading grant applications
• undertaking research activities as a primary or co-investigator
• disseminating research to a range of audiences, and producing 3* and 4* papers for REF
The skills/experience needed
You will have HCPC registration and membership of RCOT and the BAOT. You will have significant academic experience in higher education, formal teaching qualification(s) and be of doctoral level or equivalent. AP applicants need to demonstrate grant successes and appropriate research outputs for the next REF. Previous line management experience is an advantage.
With an excellent reputation and evidence of achievement within relevant healthcare settings, education, and/or research, you will contribute to the development and delivery of our educational provision espousing the University strategy.
Recent clinical practice or clinical research currency will support you to make contributions in clinical practice or engagement. You will be joining a vibrant academic community committed to extending understanding in research, education, and practice to create integrated educational programmes unique to the Faculty and make a positive difference to local and global health.
This post is suitable for Occupational Therapists of doctoral level, registered with HCPC, experienced educationalists.
For additional information contact Dr Sara Demain (email@example.com).
Please include a covering letter and full CV in your application.
You should submit your completed online application form at www.jobs.soton.ac.uk. The vacancy will close at midnight on the closing date as shown above.
References are requested along with your application. This reference system is automated so please ensure you provide the correct email address and allow time for these to be received, prior to the close date, to assist the department with shortlisting.
If you need any assistance, please call Sam Stubbs (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0)23 8059 4046. Please quote reference 1014418KE on all correspondence.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated in the job advert.