The Geneva School of Business Administration / HEG, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland
invites applications for a position of
Post-doctoral fellow at the HEG, Economics and Management Department, Geneva
Blockchain has emerged as a major disruptive technology in many areas allowing redesigning systems and
services with disintermediation and distributed trust properties. Management science areas of audit and control,
particularly in the context of governance, risk and compliance (GRC), are no exception to that trend. The general
hypothesis of the project is that Blockchain technologies have the potential to significantly disrupt and transform
the audit and control work.
The project is a joint research between the HEG Geneva for the management science part and the University of
Geneva for the information systems and technology part financed by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
The position duties include:
- Research work in the area of the project
- Writing scientific papers and reports in the area of the project
- Presentation of research and seminars in the area of the project, including scientific conferences for published work.
- Possible Supervision of students in the area of the project.
The postdoctoral fellow will participate in the project : « Blockchain in audit and control professions: towards a
new paradigm?» He or she will be in charge of the research focusing on the identification and application of audit
rules in relation with blockchain supported business processes. This study will involve qualitative fieldwork mainly
in Switzerland, and possibly Europe and include publishing results in scientific conferences and journals. He or
she will work in close collaboration with a doctoral student in Information Systems at the University of Geneva,
focusing on the design and implementation of blockchain based prototypes. He or she will be supervised by
professor Nathalie Brender at the HEG.
Employment rate : 70 - 80 % to be determined
Qualifications et expériences / Required qualifications and experience
Particularité du poste :
- Recent PhD in Economics and Management
- Areas of expertise: Auditing and Technology. Blockchain knowledge would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of International Auditing Standards, Swiss Auditing Standards and Swiss Legal Framework.
- Empirical research experience.
- Skills in qualitative methods, in particular interviewing (preparation, conduct and analysis) and documentary analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in research.
- Ability to operationalize concepts and specify requirements for prototype implementation.
- Excellent scientific writing.
- Promising publication record.
- Languages: English (mandatory requirement), French, working knowledge of German appreciated.
Deadline for application :
- La classe de fonction pour le poste de collaborateur-trice scientifique est une classe 15 – annuités 4 pour les titulaires d’un titre de Master.
- Contrat de travail d’un an, renouvelable pour la durée du projet.
September 30, 2018
Starting date :
March 1, 2019 (or date to be agreed upon)
Place of Work :
HEG Geneva – Campus Battelle – Rue de la Tambourine 17 – 1227 Carouge
The University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO) Geneva is an equal opportunity
- Applications, including a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, copies of diplomas and work certificates, and sample publications can only be submitted by email to: Nathalie.Brender@hesge.ch.
- 12 months, renewable once or the duration of the project.
- All information about conditions can be requested from the Human Resources Department at +41 22 38817 46 – email@example.com
- Incomplete applications or applications that do not meet the requested profile will not be taken into consideration.