About this Vacancy
Petroleum Experts (Petex) is recruiting potential geological software development scientists with either geological, geophysics, mathematics, or engineering skills. We are always looking for exceptional and talented people to help drive our R&D and next generation geoscience application development. Activities may include: new algorithm development, software coding, interface design and testing of the software tool kit. The company will support your personal development to allow you to deepen your knowledge of both software development and the science of geological modelling and engineering around oil field simulation.
We are looking for talented and creative individuals who can help enhance and develop the Move™ product including new research and development, plus individuals able to liaise with our expanding expert client community as part of new scientific developments.
You will interact closely with our current internal structural geology, reservoir engineer, and programming specialists as you help to develop and improve the algorithms and workflows of our world-leading suite of products. As a member of the software team you will also be involved with the product build, documentation, testing, and deployment systems.
We offer an exceptional and highly competitive package which includes salary, performance related bonuses, other benefits and relocation assistance. The company encourages and structures its salary based on personal performance and contribution to the success of others.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- A good advanced degree in either Geology, Geophysics, Mathematics or Engineering.
- Must possess good numerical, problem solving, and organisational skills.
Applicants must demonstrate technical competency across a selection of the following disciplines:
- Seismic processing and attribute analysis.
- Geometrical modelling, algorithms, and analysis in 2D or 3D.
- Modelling of Deformation and Strain; Vectors, Tensors, and Elasticity.
- Fault Analysis
- Kinematic modelling techniques in 2D and 3D.
- Geomechanical modelling and Geological deformation approaches.
- Fracture modelling.
- Fluid flow modelling (Turbidity and Channel flows).
- Tetra volume or GeoCellular grid or Reservoir Grid construction methods.
- Scripting of mathematical or geological problems; Excel, MATLAB, Python.
Midland Valley has recently been acquired by Petex, the world leader in petroleum engineering software tools for the oil and gas industry. These tools enable the industry to dynamically model their oil reservoirs, production and injection wells and surface pipeline networks as an integrated production system. Midland Valley is a leader in the field of structural geology, and creators of Move, the best-in-class upstream O&G 3D structural modelling product. Petex and Midland Valley have many clients in common and we are looking forward to introducing major developments across the combined software suite and advances that will deliver bottom-line value to our clients.
Please send your CV, along with a cover letter that highlights your suitability for this role, to email@example.com