Position Type: Fixed Term, 2 years
Salary Range: £34,736 to £42,019 pa inclusive with potential to progress to £44,212
Hours per Week: Full-Time
Posting Open Date: 22/01/2018
Application Deadline: 25/03/2018 (23.59 UK time)
Start Date: 09/2018
More information http://www.lse.ac.uk/Hellenic-Observatory/Opportunities
The Hellenic Observatory seeks to appoint a Research Officer who will facilitate sustained research and research coordination in the Hellenic Observatory. This post is a full-time, fixed term post for 2 years. The Research Officer will be based in the Hellenic Observatory, which is part of the European Institute, and will be responsible to the Director of the Hellenic Observatory. The post holder will have good extensive knowledge of Modern Greek.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing and project coordinating applications for research/project funding as relevant to the agenda of the Hellenic Observatory
• Undertaking independent research on one or more projects of direct relevance to the interests of the Hellenic Observatory and to the public policy agenda in Greece
• Supporting the general research activities of the Hellenic Observatory
• Taking the main initiative in the planning of research, conducting research projects and programmes independently and as part of a team.
• The research will be designed to lead to publication(s) of relevance to contemporary policy debates and in high quality publications in peer-reviewed outlets.
• Leading in the formulation of peer reviewed research grant proposals.
• Demonstrating the ability to analyse and research complex ideas, concepts or theories and applying appropriate methodologies.
• Contributing creative solutions to research challenges.
• Designing, implementing and evaluating fieldwork and collating data using appropriate data analysis tools.
• Writing up research for publication in a variety of modes including peer reviewed journals.
• Presenting research findings/papers at conferences/seminars/workshops.
• Organising and assisting with conferences, seminars and workshops.
• Initiating and sustaining links with external bodies to foster collaboration.
• Producing regular progress reports for the Director of the Observatory on the research and likely publications.
• Providing a full written report to the Director before the end of the appointment that may be passed to the Advisory Board.
• Undertaking appropriate administrative tasks
• Attending relevant meetings
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as directed by the line manager
To apply for this post, please click here. Applications must take the form of a full Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume, a Covering Letter and a Research Proposal. Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for the role. These documents outline the main duties and responsibilities of the post along with the respective selection criteria.
*We value diversity and wish to promote equality at all levels*