Teagasc Contract Research Officer - Infant Digest - (Ref. CRO/ID/MPK/0218)
Teagasc is seeking to recruit a highly motivated chemist/biochemist/food scientist to undertake laboratory activities in relation to human in vivo digestion of milk products. Excellent facilities and equipment are available in the Teagasc Food Research Centre to support the research.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertake research and analysis at laboratory scale.
• Prepare research reports for project managers, funding agencies and industry partners.
• Publish findings in peer reviewed scientific journals.
• Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• Actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
* This job specification is intended as a guide to the general range of duties and is intended to be neither definitive nor restrictive. Job descriptions will be issued with offers of appointment.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in chemistry, biochemistry, food science or a related discipline.
• Excellent laboratory skills, organisation skills, report writing and data analysis.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in chemistry, biochemistry, food science would be a distinct advantage.
• Proven record of scientific communications and publication.
Note: The ‘essential’ qualifications, knowledge, skills and behavioural competencies outlined below are ‘must-have’ which will be used in the selection process.
How to Apply:
The relevant Application Form and Job Specification can be accessed on our website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Monday 26th February 2018.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.