•Location: Mid Wales - Aberystwyth, Dolgellau, Welshpool, Newtown, Lampeter
•Post Number: 100637
•Salary: C3 / £33,093.00
•Contract type: Permanent
•Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours per week
Forestry Engineering Wales (FEW) is a Wales wide unit within NRW.
The team is made up of 30 professional engineering staff, located throughout Wales. FEW is primarily responsible for constructing and maintaining a safe network of roads, bridges and water control structures across the Welsh Government Woodland Estate.
We are unique throughout the civil engineering sector, in that we retain the in-house skills to produce our own construction aggregates, using mineral resources located throughout the estate. This enhances our reputation for the best practice application of sustainable construction techniques.
The role is to assist the Country Civil Engineer in achieving Natural Resources Wales' policy and targets in Wales, through the supervision of NRW and contract resources. Assist in the planning of upcoming works required to meet stakeholder's expectations and in monitoring construction of these programmes, which are delivered via the NRW civil engineering framework.
Job Specific Criteria:
• Graduate with a degree in Civil Engineering, or related Engineering qualification - Essential
• Act as 'Principal Designer' (or) as advisor to regional client for CDM 2015 - Essential
• Competent and experienced in NEC ECC forms of contract - discharge the duties of project manager under NEC ECC - Essential
• Experienced user of technical design packages, for example GIS, AutoCAD, mobile GPS, to be used in planning works - Essential
• Specialist knowledge of drainage and water management in upland Wales to comply with Forest & Water guidance and the Water Framework Directive and habitats, conservation EPS - Desirable
• Quarry Manager Duties; the position will ideally hold a SHE Quarry management NVQ level 4 or, with some previous experience, aim to achieve this qualification within 5 years of taking up post with support from NRW - Desirable
Application closing date: 20th December 2017
Interviews to take place on: Week commencing 22nd January 2018
If you have any queries please contact: Andy Perry 0300 065 4755
For further information and how to apply please Click Here to visit our website.