Teagasc is seeking to recruit a Technologist with experience in food technology / food science. The appointed Technologist will be responsible for carrying out and developing methods and supporting technical engagement with our client companies. The Technologist will also provide support for our Customer Relationship Management System and work with our scientists in implementing our technology transfer strategy. The post will also include supporting the role of Teagasc and other partners in European Programmes such as FoodNexus. Another aspect of this post will require the successful candidate to act as the Health and Safety Coordinator at our Ashtown Campus. The Safety Coordinator chairs the safety committee and is in charge of ensuring the safety statement is continually updated to reflect current practices. This role also involves site assessment through regular audits, the results of which are reported to the Teagasc safety manager and the campus management team with recommendations for continuous development and improvement of safety at the Ashtown campus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To carry out food analysis using chemical, physical and organoleptic methods.
• To support food companies in developing new food products.
• To engage with food industry stakeholders within our Technology Transfer system.
• To participate in European funded food innovation programmes.
• To act as Health & Safety co-ordinator for the Ashtown campus:
Update safety statement to reflect current activities and associated risks on an ongoing basis.
To coordinate the implementation of safety control measures to ensure the safety of staff and students at Ashtown.
To act as chairperson on the safety committee, ensuring a coordinated approach to safety management.
To review contractor method statements for approval prior to work being carried out.
To coordinate site audits using software generated templates in order to generate regular reports on improvement in safe practices.
• Candidates must have a QQI Level 8 degree in food science or a related discipline.
• Experience in working within a food research and development environment.
• QQI Level 9 / 10 in related discipline.
How to Apply:
The relevant Application Form and Job Specification can be accessed on our website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed Application Forms should TYPED and saved in PDF format and be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midnight on Friday, 5th January 2018.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence. Teagasc is an equal opportunities
employer. Canvassing will disqualify.