1. The ISCTE-IUL hereby announces the opening of a call for applications for the post of Rector.
2. The Rector, a superior position of administration and representation of the ISCTE-IUL, is elected according to Article 23 of the Statutes of the ISCTE-IUL by the General Council for a four year mandate, exercising his/ her functions in exclusivity.
3. A candidate for the post of Rector must be a professor or researcher of the ISCTE-IUL, as well as of other national or foreign university or research institutions, who are not bound by any ineligibility or incompatibility clauses stated by law and the Statutes.
4. The Rector must be a personality of recognized merit and relevant professional experience, hold a strategic vision in accordance with the mission and objectives of the ISCTE-IUL, as defined in its Statutes, and communicate adequately in Portuguese.
5. Applications, in Portuguese, should be addressed to the President of the Electoral Committee between November 9, 2017 and January 4, 2018, by 5pm (Lisbon time), and sent to ISCTE-IUL, Conselho Geral, Av. das Forças Armadas, 1649-026 Lisboa, Portugal, and to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Applications should be sent in printed and digital forms, as well as by e-mail, along with the following elements:
— Curriculum Vitae of the candidate;
— Pledge of honour declaring that the candidate is not covered by any of the situations of ineligibility or incompatibility stated by law and in the Statutes of the ISCTE-IUL;
— The action programme the candidate proposes to pursue, written in Portuguese.
7. Information on the functions of the Rector, his/her mission and objectives, the juridical and statutory regimes, as well as the eligibility conditions, regulations on the election of the Rector and the electoral calendar are available at:
8. Additional administrative information regarding applications for the post of Rector of ISCTE-IUL may be obtained by email: email@example.com