Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Space Systems and Satellite Applications.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world's leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues - including Strathclyde Chancellor's Fellows - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Space Systems and Satellite Applications.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses Commercial space flight which is a rapidly developing, multi-disciplinary area with huge business and scientific opportunities. We require new technologies for cost-effective access to orbit, satellite scientific/business activity once there and new propulsion technologies for onward travel from low earth orbit. Low cost, reusable launchers and advanced propulsion rely on advances in lightweight structures, control systems, high temperature materials, green propellants, machine learning, robotics and autonomous systems whilst satellites needs advanced instrumentation, signal processing and entrepreneurship.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
For further details and to apply to be a 'Strathclyder' in Space Systems and Satellite Applications, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017.