Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Investment, Corporate Financial Decisions and Financial Reporting.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world's leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues - including Strathclyde Chancellor's Fellows - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Investment, Corporate Financial Decisions and Financial Reporting.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of Investments, Corporate Financial Decisions and Financial Reporting. These areas are financial management topics which include aspects of accounts and finance. Further contribution to the knowledge and understanding of these themes is expected to enhance the wealth and wellbeing of society in general and corporate partners in particular. Research will help corporate managers, investors and policy makers to channel the rare resources from less efficient to more efficient investment opportunities
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
For further details and to apply to be a 'Strathclyder' in Investment, Corporate Financial Decisions and Financial Reporting, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017.