CONTRACT TECHNICIAN – PRECISION DAIRY- (REF: CTECH/DAIRY/MPK/0517)
To work on an SFI funded project with aim of integrating smart technologies within pasture based systems of milk production. The successful candidate will be working to integrate precision technologies with grass based dairy farming in Ireland.
The candidate will also collaborate with research scientists from Telecommunications Systems and Software group (TSSG) as well as with commercial companies in this space. The role will require working with PhD students, research scientists and commercial companies to develop and implement smart solutions on dairy farms.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• To work with research scientists and PhD students in developing and implementing precision technologies into grass based dairy farms
• To monitor and collect data from the various sensors deployed to measure various aspects of the dairy farm
• To oversee the functioning of the equipment on farm
• To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• To actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Note: The ‘Essential’ qualifications, skills and knowledge outlined below are ‘must-have’ which will be used in the shortlisting process.
• Candidates must have a Level 6 qualification in agriculture ICT or a related discipline.
• People and resource management skills.
• A Level 7 qualification in agriculture or ICT would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience working with biological sensors.
How to Apply
A detailed job description and application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 29th of May 2017.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence. Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.